Home Sweet Home, VeryBerry 2015 ATC Swap

Monday, April 27, 2015

I took part in this year's VeryBerry Artist Trading Card swap. The theme was "Home Sweet Home", and the idea is to hand-make a textile trading card to send to a swap partner. We had about a month to get it all made up and posted out - thank goodness.



Here's my card. I first sketched out what I wanted, and then appliqued each of the lovely fabric bits on to the fabric background before hand-stitching details with blanket stitch, running stitch, french knots and lazy daises. I think this is the same vision of "home" that I've been drawing since a child. 


Ta da!


And then, the border. Many, many glass czech seed beads handstitched on with a blanket stitch around the edge of the card. I watched more than a few episodes of MasterChef while doing this.

My swap partner was the lovely Sally of Wonky Patchwork. I was very lucky because I think, from her blog, that we have very similar tastes!

And lo! My ATC arrived in the post this morning.


Isn't it fab? It's from Siân (ButtonsAndPaint) who said that the theme made her look forward to coming home and turning the key in the lock. How wonderful.


I'm looking forward to next year's swap already. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments