Roar! Dinosaur Cover for IKEA Antilop High Chair

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Baby is messy. That's why I love that our high chair is plastic and wipe-able. The only downside? It's plain and boring in white, and must be freeeeezing cold to sit on when Messy Baby has lunch in only a nappy. This happens frequently.

And so, I turned to pinterest and happened upon this pattern for the IKEA Antilop High Chair Cover. Hurray!


Pretty successful, I'd say. The fit is surprisingly good, and I was able to use up bits of fabric I had stashed away for a rainy day. 


This is the inside-seat view. Good fit all round, and I'm especially pleased that there is space for the straps to come around because Messy Baby has just learned how to be Standy-Uppy-in-High-Chair Baby too. 


I chose hot pink for the backing fabric. I love that there is a bright secret splash of fuchsia hiding underneath all of those dinosaurs. 


Isla approves. So does the snuggly triceratops.


You Might Also Like

6 comments