Happy Holidays!

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Oh, we've had a marvellous time. We cooked and cooked and cooked - and then ate, and ate,  and ate. We had visitors from near and far, and we celebrated the festivities of Channukah/Christmas (Christmakkah, my cousin calls it) across many meals.

I think it would have been more fun if I didn't have an emerging wisdom tooth (at 32!) and a subsequent abscess on said tooth (no dentists open over Christmas!) and didn't nearly slice off part of my finger (still bandaged up and sore). Although, all things considered, we did rather well.


We were all very good, of course, and our stockings were filled with lovely things. I got the yarn I asked for (for a crochet vintage-style cardigan). Isla got her Hungry Hippos game. Finnlay got a car he can sit in and pedal about like the Flintstones. Such lovely things, such happy smiles of delight upon opening.

Isla is still convinced that it is Christmas every time she wakes up. But Mummy, I've slept. Santa must be here. We've just packed away the tree and sparkling lights, and we've taken down the tinsel. I've explained about new year celebrations and that birthdays come before Christmas in our house, but she doesn't agree. Mummy, do we have mince pies for Santa?

I hope that you've had a wonderful time with family and friends. These treasured moments, however plagued with dental concerns or forgotten stuffing (oops), are the things that make them all worthwhile. We all wish you every happiness for the new year celebrations ahead - here's to 2018!

You Might Also Like

0 comments